Tuesday 16 February 2010

The First Post

Pretty much out of the blue last week, I decided I was going to take up photography as a hobby. I could have picked a cheaper one, but there you go, the decision has been made.

After much (read: little) agonising, I decided on a Sony Alpha A230 DSLR as my entry level camera. It had good reviews as a beginner's model and was also one of the cheaper cameras out there.

Ok, let me rewind a second and tell you a little about myself.

My name is Jess. I'm from Eastbourne, England, and I live with my not-so better half, Ste. I'm mid-late 20's (ha!). I love to cook, read lots of fantasy novels (that's the Lord of the Rings type of fantasy, not the Jackie Collins bodice-ripping type), have two beautiful cats, an even more beautiful sister, and a wonderful mother and step-father that I love very much. Hopefully somewhere down the line I will be able to post great portraits of them.

So anyway, back to the crunch. I've started up this blog mostly to record my own photography journey, but also to collate my thoughts, which can be a little garbled from time to time (me?), and maybe somewhere down the line, go a little way towards explaining some of the more confusing aspects of photography to total new starters like myself.

I have to say, that my inspiration to start photography is about 8% due to my sister, Tasha, and about 92% Pioneer Woman, aka Ree Drummond, who has the most wonderful, multi-faceted blog about her life on a ranch in the mid-West USA. Her posts are heart-warming, funny and oh-so real, and her photography captures all the vibrancy of her life and her family, and if I can emulate that even a little bit, I know I'll be capturing moments in time so precious and wonderful, to keep forever.

So that's all the preamble (or is it pre-amble?). Tomorrow I will post a little more about what I have learned so far.

0 comments:

Post a Comment