Sunday 2 May 2010

Uninspired and Low

The past few days I've been feeling... less than inspired. I think I might be putting too much pressure on myself. The 365 Project is spreading me a little thin; having to take a photo every day was really good at first, but now I feel like I am forcing myself to shoot instead of being truly inspired by the scene in front of me. I cheat most days now; do some generic shooting on one day and back-date a few of the shots for the preceding couple of days. It's not so bad, nobody's judging me I guess, but I definitely don't feel like I'm submitting my best work to the project.

45/365

I also feel like my subject matter is rubbish. I like nature, but then, so does practically every female amateur photographer on Flickr. My nature shots are nice but they are nothing particularly special or outstanding. I need something else to shoot; my portfolio is in danger of becoming dangerously samey.

DSC00470

DSC03516

Two shots; the first taken on February 27th, the second on April 16th. I don't need to say much more do I?

I started the 365 Project to help me learn and improve through practice, but now I feel like it's hampering me a bit. Maybe I should stop it? I dunno. I have a new lens coming this week, a 70-300mm zoom lens, so maybe the new perspective will help me get a little more inspired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment